Saab 9-3 Convertible
1 of 366
Limited Edition Saab Convertible Celebrates First Year of Independence
• Saab celebrates year of independence with launch of numbered limited edition
• Saab 9-3 Convertible Independence Edition based on Aero specification
• Unique color and interior trim features
• Choice of three turbo engines: diesel, gasoline and BioPower
Trollhättan, Sweden: Saab is celebrating the first anniversary of its independence by launching an exclusive Independence Edition of its 9-3 Convertible. Just 366 examples will be produced, one for each day during the first year and one extra for the start of a second year.
Unveiled at Saab’s assembly plant in Trollhättan as part of a day of celebration, the Independence Edition features a unique, Amber Orange metallic paint finish. It is based on top-of-the-line Griffin Aero specification and includes a limited edition number etched into the rear side windows.
The Independence Edition is further distinguished by:
• Five spoke, 18-inch alloy wheels with a satin chrome/black finish
• Orange trimmed beige sports leather seats and glovebox
• Carbon-fiber look leather finish for the instrument panel, handbrake, gearshift molding and door handles
• Driver ‘welcome’ message in instrument display, unique turbo boost gauge
• Orange stitched sports leather steering wheel and carpet mats with grey piping
The powertrain choice comprises a 180 hp, 1.9-liter two-stage turbo diesel; a 220 hp, 2.0-liter gasoline turbo with direct injection and variable valve timing, and a Biopower version able to run on any combination of gasoline or E85 fuel. All engines are available with six-speed automatic or manual transmissions.
The Independence Edition follows a successful tradition of special Saab Convertible models launched at springtime. This year also marks the 25th anniversary of the start of sales for the first Saab Convertible.
Starting at $ 46,080 MSRP.
We are very proud of our independence view this 189 seconds summary of the celebration of Saab Independence Day at the factory in Trollhättan, Sweden.
FACEBOOK – FLICKR – INSTAGRAM – SAAB NEWSROOM – To Be Continued.
Coming soon: Saab Expressions, Saab Performance Team, Delivery experience.
Copyright © 2011 Saab Cars North America (or its affiliates or licensors). Saab Automobile filed for bankruptcy 19 dec 2011 after 60 years in automotive industry. SAAB brand/logo Copyright © 2020 belongs to: SAABusa.com. This website has no affiliation with Saab. Created in April 2020 by Marcus Bergfeldt. Watch the full story on YouTube. Please can you contribute with material to this website? Contact me.